About the Conference
The goal of the Spring Youth Forum is to recognize and reward youth prevention teams that have implemented a successful prevention project within their communities; provide a venue to showcase prevention projects that were considered, created, and shaped by youth leaders during and following previous Prevention Summits or other youth trainings; give students from across the state an opportunity to learn from one another through a series of forums presented by the youth teams accepted to attend; and share success stories from youth groups with future groups to encourage sustainability of their programs.
Event Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Check in: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 (all teams arriving on Tuesday MUST check in on Tuesday) and Wednesday, May 17, 2017 (for Wednesday arrivals ONLY)
Great Wolf Lodge Conference Center
20500 Old Highway 99, SW
Centralia, WA 98531
- March 3: Scholarship applications available
- March 31: Applications due by 5:00 p.m.
- April 3 – April 7: Applications reviewed and scored
- April 11: Email acceptance notification and registration instructions sent to the Team Adult Advisor
- April 11: Teams notified if on the wait list
- April 17: Final date to book lodging (if need additional rooms under individual reservations)
- April 24: Scholarship registration deadline (If your team does NOT register, they may lose the scholarship!)
- May 5: Cancellation/substitution deadline
- May 5: No team switches from wait list after this date possible
- May 10: Chaperone and Team Adult Advisor Meeting 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Join our Webinar:
1. Click and join at the specified time and date: https://tinyurl.com/SpringYouthForum2017
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER’S AUDIO:
When the Webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer’s microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
— OR —
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select “Use Telephone” after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.United States: +1 (213) 929-4212
Access Code: 527-891-260
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
- May 16: Event check in and team arrival (Bring your permission forms for check-in!)
- May 16: On-site meeting at 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. in Fallen Timbers B
- May 17: Spring Youth Forum
Applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline of March 31 at 5:00 p.m. Please visit the Scholarship webpage, read the instructions, download the preview document, then complete the scholarship application.