About the Conference
The goal of the Spring Youth Forum is to recognize and reward youth prevention teams that have implemented a successful prevention project within their communities; provide a venue to showcase prevention projects that were considered, created, and shaped by youth leaders during and following previous Prevention Summits or other youth trainings; give students from across the state an opportunity to learn from one another through a series of forums presented by the youth teams accepted to attend; and share success stories from youth groups with future groups to encourage sustainability of their programs.
Event Date: Thursday, May 19, 2016
Check in: Wednesday, May 18 (all teams arriving on Wednesday MUST check in on Wednesday) and Thursday, May 19 (for Thursday arrivals ONLY)
Great Wolf Lodge Conference Center
20500 Old Highway 99, SW
Centralia, WA 98531
- March 3: Scholarship applications available
- March 31: Applications due by 5:00 p.m.
- April 1 – April 7: Applications reviewed and scored
- April 8: Email acceptance notification and registration instructions sent to the Team Adult Advisor
- April 8: Teams notified if on the wait list
- April 15: Final date to book lodging (if need additional rooms under individual reservations)
- April 21: Scholarship registration deadline (If your team does NOT register, they may lose the scholarship!)
- May 5: Cancellation/substitution deadline
- May 5: No team switches from wait list after this date possible
- May 12: Chaperone and Team Adult Advisor Meeting Join our 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Conference Call Number: 360-407-3780 Participant Passcode: 115445#)
- May 18: Event check in and team arrival (Bring your permission forms for check-in!)
- May 18: On-site meeting at 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. in Fallen Timbers B
- May 19: Spring Youth Forum
Applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline of March 31 at 5:00 p.m. Please visit the Scholarship webpage, read the instructions, download the preview document, then complete the scholarship application.